Think about where your water comes from….and we don’t just mean the sink! Expand your mind and remember that water comes from unclean, natural resources like rivers and lakes, which contain pollution and contaminants that are unfit for consumption. To be clean, the water should undergo a number of treatments necessary to make it drinkable.
- Toxic heavy metals such as lead, mercury, copper, cadmium and aluminum
- Volatile organic chemicals, such as pesticides and herbicides
- Chemicals from irresponsible manufacturers
- Personal care chemicals
- Household cleaning products
- Water treatment additives such as chlorine, fluoride, and other toxic chemicals
- Bacteria and viruses such as giardia, cryptosporidium, coliform and E-coli
- Toxic Heavy Metals
Water purifiers are specifically designed to eliminate or reduce these certain pollutants that are in our drinking water. They also improve the quality and taste of the water by eliminating its chlorine content. It is virtually impossible to know what is in tap water at any given time because municipal water quality as well as private well water varies from place to place, season to season, and house to house. Even if all of the toxic metals could be completely filtered at the local water treatment facility, they could still end up in your drinking water because rust and sediment build up in the water pipes within our homes. Even this minimal exposure can cause symptoms similar to the flu, such as headaches, diarrhea, cramps, nausea or vomiting. The only way we can have any control over the quality of water we drink is by having a personal water filter system. Filtered drinking water is the most reliable and least expensive way to get healthy water!