The Follett HCC1000AHS self-contained 1000,1400 series Chewblet® ice machine requires .5 gpm gallons per minute and will generate up to 1100 lbs of ice every 24 hours. Independent market research* shows that up to 80% of consumers prefer Chewblet ice in their fountain beverages and requent fountain users particularly like Chewblet ice. Independent lab testing compared Chewblet ice to several types of cube and nugget ice. The results? Chewblet ice was comparable or superior in every category!
• Drink displacement – better displacement than cubes and nuggets for higher profit
• Cold plate performance – outperforms cubes, doesn’t bridge like nuggets – colder more consistent drink temperatures
• Drink dilution and carbonation retention – comparable to cubes –longer lasting, high quality taste
Chewblet ice is formed on the interior wall of a barrel-shaped evaporator. A rotating auger gently removes the ice from the evaporator wall and extrudes it through a compression nozzle to remove unfrozen water. From the nozzle, ice is pushed into a transport tube and distributed to a bin or dispenser up to 20 feet (6 m) away for Maestro ice machines and 75 feet (23 m) for Horizon ice machines. The result is Chewblet ice, uniformly shaped pieces of chewable ice in two different sizes with highly reliable dispensing. Original Chewblet ice is approx. 1″ (25.4 mm) long and Micro Chewblet ice is approx. 3/8″(9.5 mm) long. Where as smaller, softer nugget ice often causes bridging and jamming in ice and beverage dispensers, Chewblet ice dispenses reliably. Chewblet ice can be dispensed from Follett Vision™ ice and beverage dispensers, as well as from most models of countertop ice and beverage dispensers. Follett offers top kits to all but the key to any Chewblet ice starts with the water quality and water is food. That is why the Everpure Insurice Single PF-i20002 System (EV-9324-21)is recommended for the Follett HCC1000AHS Ice machine. The system features unique precoat technology and Micro-Pure II media to deliver premium quality ingredient water and protection from scale damage.
- Capacity: 9,000 gallons (34,065 liters); Flow Rate: 1.67 gpm (6.32 lpm)
- Includes coarse prefilter to protect the i20002 cartridge from large particles, cartridges included.
- NSF 42/53 for health affects. Removes cysts by mechanical means including Cryptosporidium, Giardia, lead, volatile organic chemicals, (VOCs) and MTBE (Methyl, tertiary-butyl ether).
- Removes particles that result in cloudy ice.
- Removes off-tastes and odors.
- Reduces scale build up and corrosion.
- Reduces abrasion and clogging.
- Delivers the best quality ice possible while protecting the ice machine translating into less equipment downtime, lower maintenance costs and lower total cost of ownership.
Questions or not sure of what you need to do to take care of your Follett Ice Machines’ water? Give us a call at 800-942-7873 or email us at email@example.com