It’s already 95 plus in South Florida and according to a recent NOAA forecast this heat will be sticking around until September! Heat-related illnesses occur when your body can’t keep itself cool. As the temperature rises, your body dissolves sweat to stay cool. On hot, humid days, the increased moisture in the air slows down this process. When your body can’t cool, your temperature rises and you can become ill. Hot weather and exercise are the main causes of heat exhaustion and heatstroke. In hot settings, you need to be mindful of the temperature outside. The heat index is not the same as the temperature. It measures the air temperature plus the effects of humidity. A heat index of 90°F or higher is dangerous. Prolonged exposure to high temperatures increases your risk of heat-related illnesses.
If a person is displaying known heat illness symptoms, take their temperature. A reading of 104°F or more means they probably have heatstroke. You should call 911 and get medical care right away. There are many things you can do to prevent heat-related illnesses. Babies, children, and elderly people are more sensitive to heat and require extra attention. You also are at greater risk if you are ill or obese, or have heart disease. People who work outside or in a hot setting also are at risk of heat exhaustion and heatstroke. Don’t go outside when the temperature and heat index are high. If possible, stay indoors in air-conditioned areas. If you must go outside, take the following precautions.
- Wear lightweight, light-colored, loose-fitting clothing.
- Protect yourself from the sun by wearing a hat or using an umbrella.
- Use sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) of 15 or higher.
- Avoid or limit drinks that contain caffeine (such as tea, coffee, and soda) or alcohol.
- Schedule outdoor activities for cooler times of the day — before 10 a.m. and after 6 p.m.
- Take frequent breaks from the heat and outdoor activities.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day. Dehydration and lack of salt contribute to heat-related illnesses. Some sports drinks can help replenish the salt in your body lost through sweating. Drink water or other fluids every 15 to 20 minutes, even if you don’t feel thirsty. If your urine is clear, you are probably drinking enough fluids. Dark-colored urine is a sign that you’re dehydrated.
Looking to create your very own hydration station at home! You may want to consider an Industry top seller like the H-300 drinking water system. The same commercial quality that makes Pentair® Everpure the overwhelming choice for water filtration in restaurants is also available for your home. Pentair Everpure exclusive precoat filtration technology combines Micro-Pure® and a unique pleated filter membrane. This highly engineered design offers the largest filtering surface area, longer filter life, and consistent performance.
Features of the Everpure H-300 Drinking Water System include:
- Part Number: EV927076
• .5 micron
• Overall Dimensions: 22” H x 5” Diameter
• Rated Capacity: 300 gallons (1,135 Litres)
• Built in water shut off allows for easier cartridge changes
• Exclusive Micro-Pure filtering material coats the pleated surface inside the cartridge
• Retains vital minerals found naturally in water to ensure the health and delicious clean, crisp taste of your water
• Chlorine, taste & odor, sediment, lead and cyst reduction
• VOCs, volatile organic chemicals including THMs
• Removes dirt and cloudiness including particles as small .5 micron by mechanical means
• Removes particulates including oxidized iron, manganese and sulfides
• Adsorbs common earthy, moldy, fish tastes, and odors
• Enhanced KDF media to inhibit scale build-up that can damage equipment
• Commercial grade filtration, Everpure signature metal canister protects the filter from splitting or bursting
• NSF Certified under NSF/ANSI Standards 42 chemical reduction and 53 certified to reduce cysts such as Cryptosporidium and Giardia by mechanical means
• Uses replacement H-300 replacement water filter cartridge (EV927072)
• MADE IN THE USA
Not sure what system would best fit your hydration needs? We can help, call us with your questions at 800-942-7873 or email us at email@example.com