According to the current CDC guidelines regarding drinking water disinfection;
“The virus that causes COVID-19 has not been detected in treated drinking water. Water treatment plants use filters and disinfectants to remove or kill germs, like the virus that causes COVID-19. The Environmental Protection Agency regulates water treatment plants to ensure that treated water is safe to drink. Currently, there is no evidence that the virus that causes COVID-19 can be spread to people by drinking treated water. COVID-19 is spread mainly through close contact from person-to-person. You can continue to use and drink water from your tap as usual.”
So the free chlorine that is still available in your municipal water, introduced by your local water treatment plant according to EPA Guidelines to oxidize any germs in the water can continue to work in your ice machine provided you don’t filter it out with a water filter that contains carbon. If you are already using an Everpure water filtration system containing carbon like the i2000, EV961222/27 or the i4000 EV961232/37 you just need to change to the 4SI or 7SI Everpure carbonless cartridge/s.
Developed originally to help with the fight of Legionella in Hospitals, Pentair® Everpure® designed the 7SI and 4SI to help hospitals keep their ice machines in compliance with ASHRAE Standard 188p, and help provide critical protection from protozoan cysts and scale. These unique water filters supply a number of important benefits:
• Compliance with ASHRAE Standard 188p. Allow municipal chlorine and chloramine residual to pass through to the ice machine.
• Slime Reduction. Chlorine can help to reduce the growth of slime and bacteria inside the ice machine.
• Cyst Reduction. Submicron media reduces cysts such as Cryptosporidium and Giardia that can cause waterborne diseases in humans (reduction occurs by mechanical means*).
• Scale Protection. Scale inhibitor reduces scale deposits that can cause downtime, maintenance calls and increased service costs. Scale can also result in the clogging of distribution lines, freeze-up on evaporator plates, and cause pumps, solenoids and probes to malfunction or fail.
• Particulate Reduction. Pentair’s proprietary Fibredyne™ media has superior dirt-holding capabilities versus conventional carbon block filters. • Retrofits Everpure Brand Filter Heads. Quickly and easily convert Everpure Insurice®, 4/7CB5-S and 7FC-S Systems to 4SI and 7SI Systems simply by swapping out the filter cartridges. There’s no need to remove an old filter head and invest in a new one, which saves you money and labor.
• The 4SI System Fits in Tight Spaces. Its space-saving size allows for easy placement behind a countertop ice machine or inside a cabinet.
• Easy to Install and Maintain.
• Certified to NSF Standards 42 and 53.
• Carries the Pentair Everpure Name. Everpure has been providing water solutions for over 80 years, and is one of the most respected brands in water filtration worldwide.
For the complete Pentair Everpure Brochure on ASHRAE 188p Ice Machine Compliance click here. Contact us for more information at 800-942-7873 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.