Hydrotech 8788 SPV-950 UV Filtration System features:
- Part Number: Hydro 8788
- Rated flow at dose of 40 mJ/cm2: 14.9 GPM
- Power Consumption: 110W
- Lamp Watts: 100W
- Voltage: 100-250V/50-60 Hz
- NSF/ANSI Certified
Lamps: Sterilume HO lamps utilize low pressure high output technology in order to deliver superior performance.
- All SPV lamps include the following:
- Proprietary lamp coating
- Consistent UV output
- Superior cold water start conditions
- One year warranty
Water Quality Guidelines
- Iron: < 0.3 ppm (0.3 mg/L)
- Hardness: < 7 gpg (120 mg/L)
- Turbidity: < 1 NTU
- Manganese: < 0.05 ppm (0.05 mg/L)
- Tannins: <0.1 ppm (0.1 mg/L)
- UV Transmittance: > 75%
What is UV?
- Ultraviolet (UV) light is at the invisible, violet end of the light spectrum. The water treatment industry uses a high-powered form of UV light called UV-C or “germicidal UV” to disinfect water.
UV-C rays penetrate microorganisms and destroy their ability to reproduce, effectively rendering them harmless. It’s a simple but effective process, destroying a minimum of 99.99% of harmful microorganisms, including E. coli, Cryptosporidium, and Giardia. Not only is it safe and highly effective, UV does not change the taste, color, or odor of water. It simply removes the risk of illness caused by microbial contamination, making water safe.
For more information, contact FilterPure at 1-800-942-7873.