The Hydrotech 8784 Sterilight Platinum SPV-200 UV System features:
The Sterilight Platinum SPV-200 UV System removes the risk of illness caused by microbial contamination, making water safe for a variety of applications including pharmaceutical, restaurant, laboratory and agriculture uses.
- NSF/ANSI Standard 55
- Class A certified at a 40 mJ/cm2 UV dose at 2.6 GPM.
- Quick, simple, inexpensive and environmentally friendly, UV water purification adds nothing to your water, creating no disinfection by-products.
- > 99.99% destruction of bacteria, virus, and protozoan cysts (Giardia lamblia & Cryptosporidium) at rated flow.
- Features Platinum controller coupled with Flow-Pace UV intensity monitor.
- Provides half-power to the lamps when no water is flowing and full-power when the water is running.
- 316L stainless steel reactor chamber and flow restrictors.
- Applications include private wells, camp grounds, hotels, bottlers, aquaculture, hospitals, food, cottages, restaurants, breweries, water systems, laboratories, marine, pharmaceutical, dairies and many other applications.
- Rated flow at dose of 40 mJcm2: 2.6 GPM.
- Power Consumption: 35W.Lamp Watts: 30W.Voltage: 100-250V50-60 Hz.
- Sterilume HO lamps utilize low pressure high output technology in order to deliver superior performance.
- All SPV lamps include the following: Proprietary lamp coating.
- Consistent UV output.
- Superior cold water start conditions.
- One year warranty.
Water Quality Guidelines
- Iron: < 0.3 ppm (0.3 mgL)
- Hardness: < 7 gpg (120 mgL)
- Turbidity: < 1 NTU
- Manganese: < 0.05 ppm (0.05 mgL)
- Tannins: < 0.1 ppm (0.1 mgL)
- UV Transmittance: >75%
NSF/ANSI Standard 55: Ultraviolet Microbiological Water Treatment Systems. This standard establishes requirements for point-of-use (POU) and point-of-entry (POE) non-public water supply (non-PWS) ultraviolet systems and includes two optional classifications. Class A systems (40mJ/cm2) are designed to disinfect and/or remove microorganisms from contaminated water, including bacteria and viruses, to a safe level. Class B systems (16mJ/cm2) are designed for supplemental bactericidal treatment of public drinking water or other drinking water, which has been deemed acceptable by a local health agency.
What is UV?
- Ultraviolet (UV) light is at the invisible, violet end of the light spectrum. The water treatment industry uses a high-powered form of UV light called UV-C or “germicidal UV” to disinfect water.
UV-C rays penetrate microorganisms and destroy their ability to reproduce, effectively rendering them harmless. It’s a simple but effective process, destroying a minimum of 99.99% of harmful microorganisms, including E. coli, Cryptosporidium, and Giardia. Not only is it safe and highly effective, UV does not change the taste, color, or odor of water. It simply removes the risk of illness caused by microbial contamination, making water safe.
For more information on this product, contact FilterPure at 1-800-942-7873.